Cani-Sports Scotland (CSS) is an organization set up to host races and promote the sport of Canicross in Scotland.
Cani-Sports Scotland (CSS) will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us by entering our events.
Race entrants personal data:
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
- To send you communications by post or email in relation to essential race information, including but not limited to, race closing dates, current and future CSS race events.
- Share with racesplitter.com for the sole purpose of providing start lists and race results.
- If you do not provide us with all the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above services and benefits.
Participants’ personal data:
When you book a place with us for and attend a race, competition, event, training course, etc., we need to collect your personal information so that we can honour your booking and to enable you to participate in the race, course, competition, event, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this make affect our ability to book your place.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Participants’ personal data:
We also process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Promote and encourage participation in canicross events by sending previous race participants and volunteers communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- Provide CSS races by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category, share with racesplitter.comfor the sole purpose of providing start lists and race results;
- Invite all previous race participants and volunteers to our points league presentation;
- Respond to and communicate with previous race participants and volunteers regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to CSS races.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us by email at email@example.com if we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and are accessed by our volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
Race participants and volunteers
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with race information. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not entered or volunteered at a CSS event with us for 6 years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Cani-Sports Scotland (CSS) will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Why we need your personal information – marketing
Where you are happy for us to do so, we would like to contact you by email with information about CSS races, our latest news and upcoming events / competitions / courses.
If you would prefer not to receive email communications from us regarding the above please email email@example.com
You may change your preferences at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cani-Sports Scotland may periodically update this policy.